Sunday, March 5, 2017

A to Z of Books

I can't tell you how many times I've heard that to be a writer, you have to not only write a lot, but read a lot as well. I've loved reading and writing for as long as I remember. For fun, I've chosen to do an A to Z Bookish Survey Tag.

Author you’ve read the most books from: Ann M Martin, when I was a kid, I enjoyed The Baby-sitter's Club series and the Baby-Sitters Little Sister series.

Best Sequel Ever: 204 Rosewood Lane by Debbie Macomber; My favorite character in the whole series (Cedar Cove) is Olivia, but I had really wanted to read Grace's story.

Currently Reading: Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and A Sister's Promise by Karen Lenfestey

Drink of Choice While Reading: I don't have a particular drink while reading, but my favorite drink is water.

E-reader or Physical Book? Physical, although I prefer an e-reader for travelling/vacation or long bus rides.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: Maybe Four from Divergent

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Hidden Gem Book: White Oleander by Janet Fitch

Important Moment in your Reading Life: Probably when I had to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for school. It wouldn't have been something that I would have chosen to read, but it started my love for Harry Potter.

Just Finished: Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: I pretty much read anything, but I don't read a lot of graphic novels/manga or erotica.

Longest Book You’ve Read: Les Miserables

Major book hangover because of: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Number of Bookcases You Own: 3

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: The Fault in Our Stars

Preferred Place To Read: anywhere; I love to read when I'm at the beach during the summer

Quote that inspires you: I have a lot, but I'm going to go with this one - "It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it." - Anna Karenina

Reading Regret: not reading Anne of Green Gables; I had gotten it as a gift, but couldn't get into it and I never went back.

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series): Divergent (I have to read Insurgent and Allegiant, as well as Four) and The Hunger Games (I have to read Mockingjay).

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton; and The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Unapologetic Fangirl For: Harry Potter - even though Harry is my favorite character, my other fave character is Ginny Weasley because she reminds me of myself.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Other: Right now, it's If Not For You by Debbie Macomber.

Worst Bookish Habits: Not so much for reading, it would be not writing a review right after I finish reading a book. I do book reviews on my other blog, Writer's Crossings, but they take me awhile to write up as I want to convey my thoughts just right.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: The Secret Life of Bees  by Sue Monk Kidd

Your latest book purchase: Like by Bart Hopkins

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): So hard, but basically any book that I'm enjoying while I'm reading it at that moment.

Happy Reading and Keep on Writing!

~Meg~

No comments:

Post a Comment